Monday, June 22, 2009

Tony's visit

My little brother Tony just spent the week up here doing some fishing and exploring. While the King fishing has been terrible on the Kenai, he did manage to nail one on the Kasilof River, 30 minutes south of here. We also hit halibut out of Anchor Point with Capt. Colin on the Gamefisher and did very well, each bringing at least a dozen flat fish to the boat in some very fast action. While the fish we brought home weren't particularly sizable, they'll be good eating.
I couldn't get out with Tony a whole lot as camp was jumping with stuff to be done, but here's a few pictures of the fish.

Tony's Kasilof King





A nice catch of halibut. Ours were not the 50 pounders in the middle, but we'll take credit for them.



Last week while I was working on a column in the trailer I heard something ruffling around behind me. This cow worked her way within 20 feet of my door.

No comments: