Sunday, November 1, 2009

Grouse, it's what's for dinner

I ate fresh grouse for dinner tonight, which can only mean one thing, I bagged some birds this weekend. I went two for four, not too bad. I could do better with a shotgun I'm sure, but the rifle works well enough and in the right situation seems to be more fun.
Temps were much colder than I expected them to get, people were few and far between, birds were plenty, what more could I ask for in a weekend? Here's some photos.
























































































My camera has an awesome nightshot feature, wow.


Standing in the dim early morning light, the sun still yet to rise at 8:30, a pack of wolves howled on the far side of the lake. It's beautiful, and yet, every nerve in my body is tense.
All of maybe 10 degrees at 10:30 in the morning.














The 'commute' back to a grove where I'd hit a bird the day before.





Got waterfowl?












No comments: